Fisheries Science is the official journal of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, which was established in 1932. Recognized as a leading journal in its field, Fisheries Science is respected internationally for the publication of basic and applied research articles in a broad range of subject areas relevant to fisheries science.
All articles are peer-reviewed by at least two experts in the field of the submitted paper. Published six times per year, Fisheries Science includes on average more than 180 articles per volume.
It has a rich history of presenting quality research in fisheries, biology, aquaculture, environment, chemistry and biochemistry, food science and technology, and social science. Separated from The Bulletin of the Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries from Volume 60 in 1994.
|ISSN||0919-9268 (print version), 1444-2906(electronic version)|
|Publication||bi-monthly, 6 issues per year|
|Impact Factor||0.855 (2013)|
|Publication Charges||JPY 7,600/printrd page|
Browse Volumes & Issues
Vol. 71 (2005) ~ Lastest Issue
Member OnlyMember can access freely to electrical version of Fisheries Science by input of the ID and pass distributed from secretary of JSFS.
Vol. 60 (1994)~ Vol. 70 & Vol. 68 Suppl.
- Fisheries: fishing technology, fish behavior, fishing ground, population dynamics, oceanographic conditions, acoustic and instrumentation, others
- Biology: taxonomy, morphology, physiology, ecology, nekton, benthos, plankton, seaweeds and seagrasses, others
- Aquaculture: food organisms, larval production, nutrition, grow-out, environment, diseases, breeding and heredity, others
- Environment: eutrophication, microorganisms, pollution, bio-accumulation, harmful plankton, others
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, lipids, sugars, extractive components, pigments, vitamins, biologically active substances, others
- Food Science and Technology: processing, preservation, food hygiene, microorganisms, others
- Social Sciences: sociology, economics, business management, law & politics, policy science, community development, cooperative, others
The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Konan 4-5-7, Minato, Tokyo 108-8477, JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-3471-2165 Fax: +81-3471-2054
- [2019 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Bio-economic analysis of super-intensive closed shrimp farming and improvement of management plans: a case study in JapanFish Sci (2019) 85:1055–1065
- [2019 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Development of an efficient bioreactor system for delivering foreign proteins secreted from liver into eggs with a vitellogenin signal in medaka Oryzias latipesFish Sci (2019) 85:677–685
- [2019 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Below-zero storage of fish to suppress loss of freshnessFish Sci (2019) 85:495–507
- [2019 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Geographical variation in spawning histories of age-1 Pacific saury Cololabis saira in the North Pacific Ocean during June and JulyFish Sci (2019) 85:495–507
- [2019 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Evaluation from otolith Sr stable isotope ratios of possible juvenile growth areas of Japanese eels collected from the West Mariana Ridge spawning areaFish Sci (2019) 85:483–493
- [OPEN ACCESS] Recent research on factors influencing the quality of frozen seafoodFish Sci (2020) 86:231–244 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01318-y
- [OPEN ACCESS] Biosensors for the assessment of fish health: a reviewFish Sci (2019) 85:641–654 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01318-y
- [OPEN ACCESS] Review of population dynamics and management of small pelagic fishes around the Japanese ArchipelagoFish Sci (2019) 85:611–639 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01305-3
- [OPEN ACCESS] Fishery subsidies: the interaction between science and policyFish Sci (2019) 85:439–447 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01306-2
- [OPEN ACCESS] Application of surrogate broodstock technology in aquacultureFish Sci (2019) 85:429-437 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01299-y