Fisheries Science is the official journal of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, which was established in 1932. Recognized as a leading journal in its field, Fisheries Science is respected internationally for the publication of basic and applied research articles in a broad range of subject areas relevant to fisheries science.
All articles are peer-reviewed by at least two experts in the field of the submitted paper. Published six times per year, Fisheries Science includes on average more than 180 articles per volume.
It has a rich history of presenting quality research in fisheries, biology, aquaculture, environment, chemistry and biochemistry, food science and technology, and social science. Separated from The Bulletin of the Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries from Volume 60 in 1994.
|ISSN||0919-9268 (print version), 1444-2906(electronic version)|
|Publication||bi-monthly, 6 issues per year|
|Impact Factor||2.148 (2021)|
|Publication Charges||The price per page is JPY 7,600 for non-members and JPY 4,000 for JSFS society members.|
Browse Volumes & Issues
Vol. 71 (2005) ~ Lastest Issue
Member OnlyMember can access freely to electrical version of Fisheries Science by input of the ID and pass distributed from secretary of JSFS.
Vol. 60 (1994)~ Vol. 70 & Vol. 68 Suppl.
- Fisheries: fishing technology, fish behavior, fishing ground, population dynamics, oceanographic conditions, acoustic and instrumentation, others
- Biology: taxonomy, morphology, physiology, ecology, nekton, benthos, plankton, seaweeds and seagrasses, others
- Aquaculture: food organisms, larval production, nutrition, grow-out, environment, diseases, breeding and heredity, others
- Environment: eutrophication, microorganisms, pollution, bio-accumulation, harmful plankton, others
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, lipids, sugars, extractive components, pigments, vitamins, biologically active substances, others
- Food Science and Technology: processing, preservation, food hygiene, microorganisms, others
- Social Sciences: sociology, economics, business management, law & politics, policy science, community development, cooperative, others
The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Konan 4-5-7, Minato, Tokyo 108-8477, JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-3471-2165 Fax: +81-3471-2054
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Dispersion and degradation of environmental DNA from caged fish in a marine environmentFish Sci (2019) 85:327–337
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Impact of microwave-assisted enzymatic hydrolysis on functional and antioxidant properties of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss by-productsFish Sci (2017) 83:317–331
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Update on the source of phenoloxidase activity in the hemolymph of kuruma prawn Marsupenaeus japonicusFish Sci (2021) 87:861–869
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Development of a polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based genetic sex identification method in the chub mackerel Scomber japonicus and blue mackerel S. australasicusFish Sci (2021) 87:785–793
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Performance of a finite mixture model in CPUE standardization for a longline fishery with target changeFish Sci (2021) 87:465–477
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Spatiotemporal distribution of Flavobacterium psychrophilum and ayu Plecoglossus altivelis in rivers revealed by environmental DNA analysisFish Sci (2021) 87:321–330
- [2021 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Cortisol induces masculinization of XX medaka through gonadal soma-derived growth factor (GSDF) and anti-Müllerian hormone receptor type 2 (AMHR2)Fish Sci (2021) 87:85–91
- [2020 AWARD WINNING PAPER] The development of the Norwegian wrasse fishery and the use of wrasses as cleaner fish in the salmon aquaculture industryFish Sci (2017) 83:661–670
- [2020 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Sexual bipotentiality of the olfactory pathway for sexual behavior in goldfishFish Sci (2020) 86:819–827
- [2020 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Comparison of biomass estimates from multiple stratification approaches in a swept area method for Pacific saury Cololabis saira in the western North PacificFish Sci (2020) 86:pages445–456