Fisheries Science is the official journal of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, which was established in 1932. Recognized as a leading journal in its field, Fisheries Science is respected internationally for the publication of basic and applied research articles in a broad range of subject areas relevant to fisheries science.
All articles are peer-reviewed by at least two experts in the field of the submitted paper. Published six times per year, Fisheries Science includes on average more than 180 articles per volume.
It has a rich history of presenting quality research in fisheries, biology, aquaculture, environment, chemistry and biochemistry, food science and technology, and social science. Separated from The Bulletin of the Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries from Volume 60 in 1994.
|ISSN||0919-9268 (print version), 1444-2906(electronic version)|
|Publication||bi-monthly, 6 issues per year|
|Impact Factor||2.148 (2021)|
|Publication Charges||The price per page is JPY 7,600 for non-members and JPY 4,000 for JSFS society members.|
Browse Volumes & Issues
Vol. 71 (2005) ~ Lastest Issue
Member OnlyMember can access freely to electrical version of Fisheries Science by input of the ID and pass distributed from secretary of JSFS.
Vol. 60 (1994)~ Vol. 70 & Vol. 68 Suppl.
- Fisheries: fishing technology, fish behavior, fishing ground, population dynamics, oceanographic conditions, acoustic and instrumentation, others
- Biology: taxonomy, morphology, physiology, ecology, nekton, benthos, plankton, seaweeds and seagrasses, others
- Aquaculture: food organisms, larval production, nutrition, grow-out, environment, diseases, breeding and heredity, others
- Environment: eutrophication, microorganisms, pollution, bio-accumulation, harmful plankton, others
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, lipids, sugars, extractive components, pigments, vitamins, biologically active substances, others
- Food Science and Technology: processing, preservation, food hygiene, microorganisms, others
- Social Sciences: sociology, economics, business management, law & politics, policy science, community development, cooperative, others
The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Konan 4-5-7, Minato, Tokyo 108-8477, JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-3471-2165 Fax: +81-3471-2054
- [OPEN ACCESS] Review of population dynamics and management of small pelagic fishes around the Japanese ArchipelagoFish Sci (2019) 85:611–639 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01305-3
- [OPEN ACCESS] Fishery subsidies: the interaction between science and policyFish Sci (2019) 85:439–447 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01306-2
- [OPEN ACCESS] Application of surrogate broodstock technology in aquacultureFish Sci (2019) 85:429-437 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-019-01299-y
- [OPEN ACCESS] Application of magnetic resonance technologies in aquatic biology and seafood scienceFish Sci (2019) 85:1-17 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-018-1266-6
- [OPEN ACCESS] Desaturases and elongases involved in polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis in aquatic invertebrates: a comprehensive reviewFish Sci (2018) 84:911–928 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-018-1254-x
- [2018 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Effect of feeding rotifers enriched with taurine on the growth and survival of larval amberjack Seriola dumeriliFish Sci (2013) 79:815-821 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-013-0657-y
- [2018 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Oocyte maturation and active motility of spermatozoa are triggered by retinoic acid in pen shell Atrina pectinataFish Sci (2018) 84:535-551 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-018-1187-4
- [2018 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Spawning induction of blue mackerel Scomber australasicus and eastern little tuna Euthynnus affinis by oral administration of a crude gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogueFish Sci (2018) 84:495-504 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-018-1185-6
- [2018 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Effect of exposure to low salinity water on plasma ion regulation and survival rates in artificially wounded devil stinger Inimicus japonicusFish Sci (2018) 84:477-484 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-018-1196-3
- [2018 AWARD WINNING PAPER] Impacts of the nonlinear relationship between abundance and its index in a tuned virtual population analysisFish Sci (2018) 84:335-347 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-017-1159-0