APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 16, 2017
The North Pacific Anadromous Fish Commission (NPAFC) invites citizens from its member countries (Canada, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, and USA) to apply for the NPAFC Internship Program. One intern will be accepted upon approval of the Commission. The intern will work at the NPAFC Secretariat office in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The intern will gain experience and knowledge in operations of the NPAFC and will have the opportunity to test his/her interest in international governmental organizations, fisheries management, salmon biology & ecology, and fisheries enforcement. The intern will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and/or his designates. In general, the intern will assist in a variety of tasks, including:
• plan, develop, and complete an individual project in enforcement, science, communication, fisheries management, or administration,
• prepare information for and provide support to special projects including the International Year of the Salmon (IYS),
• assist organizing and editing various NPAFC publications,
• coordinate international cooperative programs and assist Secretariat activities,
• assist with other work delegated by the Executive Director and/or his designates.
Internship period: Starts on or about September 1, 2018, for a period up to a maximum of 6 months. The intern is expected to perform his/her tasks at the Secretariat office on a daily basis, Monday–Friday, 7.5 hours per day.
Qualifications: Applicants must be a citizen of an NPAFC member country, have a university degree, the ability to read, write, and speak English, the ability to use computers and the Internet, and demonstrated personal initiative. Applicants must currently be a part of the government or academic sector, a recent graduate, or currently enrolled in school for an advanced degree.
Financial support: NPAFC will provide a stipend of $2,500 CDN per month. Travel cost to and from the intern’s place of residence and the location of the Secretariat office and cost of medical insurance will be at the intern’s own expense or by home country support. Travel expenses associated with the intern’s work in the Secretariat will be covered by the NPAFC.
Applications: Completed applications must include all of the following:
• A cover letter describing the applicant’s interests and qualifications,
• Resume showing academic and/or work experience,
• Three professional letters of reference,
• Personal Data Page of passport as a citizenship proof.
Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2018.
The selected intern will be notified in early June of 2018.